About Me

My photo
I live in the suburbs of Long Island, NY with my loving husband, and two great kids. I long for a simpler life, at a slower pace! Follow me, as I try my hand at growing my own food, tending to my hens and our rabbit, gardening and experimenting with all things farmgirlish!

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Wertheim Wildlife Refuge

Yesterday I took my daughter and her friend to one of our favorite local spots... Wertheim Wildlife Refuge. Several months ago they built a brand new building, with tons of interactive displays for kids as well as adults.  They also have a beautiful huge covered patio where you can sit and watch the birds.  Since I have yet to see a hummingbird in my own backyard, I often come here to see them. There has yet to be a time, where I have gone to Wertheim and NOT seen a hummingbird.
Here are some pictures that I took of our nature walk...Enjoy!
I feel so fortunate to have something so wonderful, so close by. It is an awesome place to go, and best of all it costs absolutely nothing!
Best bargain in town!

1 comment:

  1. So pretty Laurie. What a nice place to visit, so peaceful. Maybe next year I will get a hummingbird feeder. I see them around here once in awhile so I bet I could get them to come.
    Nancy Jo

    ReplyDelete